Oh yeah! I turned 29 a few weeks ago... :)
I just remembered that I had a '28 before 29' list, though!
Prooobably not a good sign that I forgot it existed. :) lol.
Let's see how I did on those goals over the last year:
I didn't finish it all. Not even halfway! But I'm okay with that.
I'll just keep it rolling this year.
It was a pretty lofty list anyway, and this year flew by like a snap what with my halves of second & third year of university, summer classes, work, buying our apartment, moving, going to Mexico, and then the mister breaking his foot. lol. Ah! I haven't really had time to reflect much on last year yet, truth be told. I'm still stuck in the whirlwind of it, maybe?
Here's the review of what I did get done:
3. Wear Red Lipstick: Kay - didn't really do this. Tried it at home. Felt not like myself. Not a fan of the red on my lips. Don't really want to make myself do something that doesn't feel like me...so I cancel this one.
4. Learn Illustrator/InDesign: Can you ever really say you're done learning programs like these enough to check it off a list? I don't think so...and I have a ways to go. But I did learn both of them a ton more than I knew them before this year. Illustrator was the big one - and I used it for a few projects. Begrudgingly. lol. And I still don't get the concept of artboards, either.
6. Get a Record Player: We got our darling record cabinet from the most amazing estate sale ever. It's been super-fun, so far. And it's fun when people come over because it's such a novelty! We try to find the strangest records: for example, "Dinosaurs" and "Sounds of Australia".
7. Go to at least one hot place: Went to Mexico for a friends wedding in May. It was awesome! We've never been away with a group that big and it was so fun. I think it might've been one of the only times we got away over the year though - sad! And weird, for us.
10. Get my big tattoo: Yesss. So happy this one finally got done! I have about an hour and a half left to get done before it's finished and I can share some pictures of it... :)
18. Camp/Hike at least once: Yay! We did this one. Only once, but still. There are many reasons why we didn't go more than once: we used to backpack camp a lot, but my rib injury was acting up when carrying heavy things, so that just wasn't going to work - since a heavy pack is the essence of that. Sad! Between full-time work, a summer class, both of our parents (and some friends) visiting, and trying to unpack/settle into the house before school started again: it just didn't happen a lot. And renting a car every weekend we want to go is an expensive pain in the ass. We went on the one annual camping trip with the same group of friends we go with every year and it's always super fun - and we're hoping to buy a cheap lil car to save the trouble of having to rent one so we can camp a lot again this year. We miss it!
19. Learn to shoot my digital camera manually: I learned this! So excited! Kay, well - sort of. I know how to do it, but I struggle remembering the direction to turn the aperture and shutter speed, still. lol. I mean, I know by doing how to do it, but I get mixed up on which way lets the most light in and what not by the numbers. I took a class for this at the beginning of last year and it was great: it was self-directed and I got to explore a lot with blurry photos and a fun macro lense attachment. I should share those here!
20. Buy a home: Dude! I'm so so happy and thankful about this one! Biggest milestone thus far for the mister and I. I'm still so amazed two little contract-working animation-workers got approved for a mortgage. What?! It's a tiny 650 square-foot apartment, but it's awesome. And its ours. Thankful for this one, and having so much fun pulling it all together.
21. Vintage Couch: Yellow velvet! My dream. So crazy that I actually found one. lol.
25. Process book of my own: I actually just started this last week, finally. I'm the type to doodle on post-its at work, so I had piles of these doodles sitting around full of one-day ideas that needed to be housed and collected somewhere. :)
27. Practice wearing high heels: Last new years, I wore the worst yellow velvet cheap high heels, which I couldn't walk in, which I think inspired this goal. But really, now, I have no desire to practice wearing them. They're not me. I don't really want them to be. Give me some chucks anyday over em! I did wear a cute pair of yellow wedges to a friends wedding, though, and that was muuuuch nicer than heels.
28. Keep my files organized: My paper files are organized! It's a miracle! I went through boxes of unorganized paperwork from the last 7 years and finally got it all in a filing cabinet. lol. Aaah. Feels so good. My computer files, however, are another story.
So there it is! 12 before 28, done. 16 before 30 to go...lol.